About Me

My photo
Marlan Warren is a journalist, novelist, editor, playwright, screenwriter, blogger, website designer, and publicist. She is the author of the fictionalized memoir, Roadmaps for the Sexually Challenged: All’s Not Fair in Love or War and the AIDS memoir, Rowing on a Corner. She reviews for Midwest Book Review. Marlan is also a filmmaker.

You can check out but you can never leave...

WHAT'S THIS ABOUT?

My life, your life, our lives inside and outside of Los Angeles and its angels.

Monday, April 20, 2015

Los Angeles Times Festival of Books' Kiddies Strike Poses with I AM NOT SELLING MY TOOTH!

KIDS STRIKE POSES AT THE 2015 L.A. FESTIVAL OF BOOKS!



This past weekend at the annual Los Angeles Times Festival of Books on the USC Campus, adults and kids had the time of their lives learning and seeing and doing and playing and listening to fun stuff that ignites our imaginations while directly speaking to our common experiences. 


On Sunday, I visited as the Ambassador from Kelli and Kelly Books for Kids to gift a few lucky kids with I Am NOT Selling My Tooth! and snap them holding this picture book that respects children's need to make their own decisions about how to handle changes that come with growing up.

I also handed out these charming bookmarks designed by the book's illustrator and co-publisher Kelly Hawkins (Kelli Nielsen is the author and co-publisher). All parents gratefully received them with a look that said, "You mean I don't have to pay for it?"


Children's Book Author Scott Farrar and Family

JULIET






No comments:

Search This Blog