SALT LAKE CITY, Utah—The California-based edtech publisher Colvard Learning (CL) is offering its early literacy software programs—Pup’s Quest for Phonics® and Professor Pup’s Phoneme Farm®—to any Utah school wishing to try out CL apps through the end of this year.
"We are very impressed with Utah schools' advocacy of educational technology and their progressive approach to education," said Robert Ketterer, Colvard Learning CEO. "We would welcome the opportunity to partner with Utah schools in helping children learn to read with our successful interactive software that focuses on phonemes and phonics awareness training."
Colvard Learning edtech products have been placed in 40 schools in California and Louisiana since the startup's inception seven years ago.
About Colvard Learning
So kids don’t see English as a chaotic mess, but a code that can be mastered.
--Dr. Michael Colvard, Founder of Colvard Learning
|D. Michael Colvard, MD|
- In 2010,
multiple award-winning eye surgeon, humanitarian and author, D. Michael
Colvard, MD, founded Colvard Learning out of concern for the millions of
U.S. students left behind academically due to poor reading skills.
- Dr. Colvard teamed up with animators, app developers, and teachers to produce unique early literacy edtech software programs that are rooted in the neurobiology of reading, and influenced by the highly effective early-reading methodology of phoneme awareness advocate Dr. Diane McGuinness, author of Early Reading Instruction: What Science Really Tells Us about How to Teach Reading (MIT press). “In teaching reading, we’ve found the decoding approach is easily understood and effective," said Dr. Colvard. "So kids don’t see English as a chaotic mess, but a code that can be mastered.”
Colvard Learning Programs (Tablet-Based with Off-Tablet Supplements)
Pup’s Phoneme Farm® (Pre-School) focuses on phonemic awareness. A phoneme is the smallest distinct unit of sound in
researchers agree that a strong foundation of phonemic awareness is the
greatest indication of later reading success.
- Pup’s Quest for Phonics® (K-2) encourages interactive learning with a patented "Touch Text to Sound" feature. Moving a finger across a set of letters blends the sounds into a word.
We are noting very marked gains at the TK, K, and 1st Grade levels. The children are having such a great time, they don't realize they are learning.—Catherine Carvalho, Principal, St. Bruno School, Whittier, Calif.
Our younger grades have seen significant increases in Early Literacy! This year we had a 73% SGP (Student Growth Profile). We credit much of this to the Pup's Quest programs.—Denise M. DeSantis, Director of Development, St. Raphael Elementary School, Los Angeles, Calif.
Dr. Michael Colvard and the Colvard Learning team members welcome interviews from all media hosts, reporters, bloggers and event organizers.
Colvard Learning founder, Dr. Michael Colvard, is a multiple award-winning eye surgeon, USC professor, author, and philanthropist. In 1989, he founded the charitable non-profit, Friends of Vision. Since 1997, he regularly volunteers with SEE (Surgical Eye Expeditions), and has been on 20 humanitarian expeditions to Namibia in Africa, where he has restored sight to 5,000 men, women, and children, completely free of charge. A dedicated philanthropist, Dr. Colvard received the SEE International Humanitarian Award in 2009.
· Director of Colvard Eye Center in Encino, California
- · Clinical professor of ophthalmology at USC Keck School of Medicine
- · Named to the Super Doctors® list and chosen by independent consumer groups as one of America’s Top Ophthalmologists.
- · Author of the textbook, Achieving Excellence in Cataract Surgery
- · Author of over 50 articles and papers in medical literature
- · Editor of several medical journals
- · Recipient of the prestigious Honor Award and Senior Achievement Award by the American Academy of Ophthalmology recognizing his lifetime contributions to teaching and scientific advancements in ophthalmology.
Publicist│ Marlan Warren │(323) 347-6762│firstname.lastname@example.org│
Colvard Learning Media Kit: http://colvardlearningpresskit.blogspot.com
For more edtech details, videos, photos and bio info: